Thursday 2 February 2017

OOPS! I ACCIDENTLY READ SOMETHING THAT CONNECTED TO MY BLOG THOUGHTS!

I was reading book review article "Can historians help school reformers?" and somehow I downloaded forty pages of reviews.... 3 authors and 9 books later, I rea didn't answer tlized that I had stumbled upon two themes of my last most posts.  



One of the themes was on about the history of morality in educational history.  My blog post was actually more about biblical history examples than morality, but the idea of of morality and spirituality are common in that they are often neglected in curriculum.  I liked how the authors noted the historical importance of morality and how education is described as a having a key role in moral development. It is interesting to look at the past struggle through modern eyes. 
The other theme that I psychically predicted was education as preparation for the workforce.   The history during the industrial era made sense at the time- having students who could function in the new world of work. To be cliche... the more things change, the more they stay the same.  Because my professional context is the school to work transition, I am finding it personally challenging to help youth to navigate this life stage.  As we look for solutions in the present, it may help us to look back at how education did and did not assist in times of stability and times of uncertainty.
No questions this time... only connections.... accidental as at process may have been.





No comments:

Post a Comment