Friday 4 March 2016

REFLECTIONS ON FINAL PROJECT

My final project is now well underway and I am ready to start building my PowerPoint presentation.  The research materials have been outstanding and I find myself wanting to read and research more and more, but I am beginning to feel a sense of urgency to get beyond the cognitive stage of thinking about my chosen subject (Solution-Focused Brief Therapy) and on the more behavioural tasks of mapping out timelines and getting the ideas into the proper format.




I mentioned in an earlier blog that I can tend to get stuck in perfectionistic design mode and I find myself struggling with this again.  Before, it was about building a blog that had the right look and structure and now again with PowerPoint.  Sometimes I wish someone would tell me, with grand authority, that I must use "this presentation theme only", so that I could better accept the choice and move on to working with what I have got.  Since that isn't going to happen, I think I am going to have to set a time limit for myself, and the best option during that time is the winner.  I am aware that self adjustment and correction are good SRL strategies, but so are setting timelines for the overarching goals.

I mentioned in a discussion in D2L earlier, that I am beginning to see SRL themes jumping out at me in everyday life.  In D2L, I used the example of my FitBit dashboard, which is helping me to learn about healthy lifestyles.   I know that deeper learning has occurred when what I notice and how I think about issues, problems and solutions are effected by what I am studying.  I am glad that SRL is such a practical and impactful study subject that I can use beyond the classroom and into my everyday life.  Life is learning.

1 comment:

  1. This is Tammy posting a test comment to ensure this blog feature is working!

    ReplyDelete