Saturday 28 January 2017

SHOULD EVERY STUDENT HAVE AN ONLINE PORTFOLIO?

In my professional context, I often work with youth who are making the transition from school to work.  I find portfolios are a powerful tool for building in competency awareness.  Portfolios are also wonderful, tangible products that can help others to see the value in a student for a job or work placement.  Even more importantly, the portfolio development process cultivates self confidence and preparedness for speaking positively about one's self.

I was reading an article in the Huffington Post about the many different online portfolios.  I took a course in my undergrad in Portfolio writing and I put it into an electronic format which, at the time, was a novel idea.  (No age comments, please!)

There are so many formats now, Huffington post mentioned:

Google Drive Portfolio
Linked In
Educlipper
Three Ring
Pathbrite
See Saw
Exibi
Go Ennounce

Has anyone used any of these before with success?  

Do you are with the article that argued that everyone student should have an online portfolio?

Now, the historical perspective... 

What have been the key student privacy issues that have shaped modern educational policy?  Why?

SOURCE:
Van Ark, T. (2016).  Every student should have an online portfolio.  Huffington Post.  




No comments:

Post a Comment